Continuous technological change, short product life cycle, innovative and fast-moving competitors — technology-based companies face a number of unique challenges not encountered by more mature and static industries. Few consistently overcome the changing landscape and continue to strengthen their competitive positions year after year. For those that succeed, a well-thought out and executed product strategy is a cornerstone of success. Product strategy allows the business to zero in on specific market segments and focus on product and consumer attributes.
Accel helps clients implement the fundamental traits of a good product strategy:
- Integration of customer input and feedback using voice-of-the-customer techniques, requirements gathering, prioritization, and language translation
- Collaboration of all critical functions: sales, marketing, engineering, manufacturing, fulfilment, and support
- Clear articulation of the strategy: Where are we going? How will we get there? Why will we be successful?
- Integration of modular design and component reuse
- Clear ownership of decision-making and workflow